Thursday 7 November 2013

Bonnie Britt, American Photojournalist





"I started taking photographs when I was ten years old. From that moment on it has always felt right to be looking at my world through a lens, because that is how I see things: cinematically. In the beginning of my relationship with photography I felt that I was trying so hard to take good photos, using the tools I had learned in school to properly compose/expose the image. Then I fell in love with the work of Henri Cartier-Bresson, and suddenly learned that there is no secret to taking good photos. You simply have to look. That is when I took all the rules I had been taught and threw them out the window, letting my eyes guide me towards beauty.
To look at my photographs is to look at my Self. To feel my energy, see the magic that I see in life, get inside my mind, eyes, and heart. Taking photographs is meditative. I must be completely present, focusing all energy and love in to the moment, so when I click that shutter I have captured a moment in time that has feeling. Richard Avedon once said that photography is the death of a moment.When you look at a photograph you are literally looking at the death of that moment. It was there, for that fraction of a second and will never be again. But there is the proof that moment existed, and here is how I experienced that moment. The magic of photography continues to amaze me every time I see a beautiful image. When you look at my photograph, the light that shines in me radiates to you. It is this way with all forms of art, which is why art is so important. Life is about connecting with everyone and everything, and art is a link." 

See through my eyes and feel my spirit

To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. Its a way of life. 
-Henri Cartier-Bresson





Find Bonnie here: 
http://bonniebritt.com/
http://bonniebritt.tumblr.com/


3 comments:

  1. Wow she's awesome! I love her work. Photography is so inspiring. I love what she says about seeing the world cinematically.

    Nikki commented on one of my recent blogposts asking if you girls could interview me for your blog. I would be so honored to be interviewed on this amazingly beautiful and empowering blog! I'd be so happy to share my love of writing with the world :) Shoot me an email and we can sort this all out :)

    emma.j.phelps@gmail.com

    Can't wait to hear from you!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her work. they're awesome.
    thank you for your comment on my blog, and yes, i'd love to hear more about the project. India told me that she would like to feature some of my work. let me know if you guys still want to do it. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niken!
    Thanks for your comment.
    And if you could please email us at, femalesoftheworld@hotmail.com
    so we could arrange a feature post on your photography that would be great! We'll send you all the details and answer any questions you have.

    -India (admin)

    ReplyDelete