Thursday 7 November 2013

Sara Nuša Golob Grabner, Slovenian Photographer



My name is Sara Nuša Golob Grabner, I am 19 and I live in a small European country Slovenia. In this small country, my dreams are big. 
I am a photographer, an aspiring actress and I write.
When I was a little girl I wanted to make my life a fairytale. I talked to trees, listened to the wind to learn his secrets, dreamed of finding the perfet love, danced anytime I heard music, walked on my toes around the house and always imagined I am playing a role in a magical, beautiful story. Everything was an adventure, I could become a secret agent, a Native American princess, an explorer, a ballerina. I could become anything when I was little and since then I have never had a doubt I can become anything I want in my life. 
I never had ordinary plans for my life. I wanted to be an artist who's name will be known all over the world. And I still want that and believe I will be. 
I acted in a movie and had the time of my life doing it which only deepened my love for acting. I look up to Bette Davis, Katherine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and I and dream of making myself better and better until I become as great of an actress as they were.
After spending years looking at beautiful photographs in Vogue I started creating my own.I started photographing in 2010. Since then I had three solo exhibitions, won a FIAP gold medal, a gold medal from Photographer's Society SVIT, won first prize in kLAK competition and exhibited in many exhibitions in Slovenia including the Transgeneracija festival in Cankarjev Dom. Italian Vogue published 22 of my photographs in their Photo Vogue section. I was a featured photographer twice on Fotoblur.
I love to express myself in writing also, I read a lot, I love poetry, I write my own poems and hope to publish a poetry book in the future. I already read poems in front of a live audience for the first time in May 2013 in a poetry reading in the main city of my country, Ljubljana. 
My first job was teaching dance, which I loved my whole life, to little children for a year and I am incredibly thankful for that experience because I most of the time still feel like a child and that's why I love to talk to children, teach them, learn from them.
I hope to study art history in my future to learn more about art in general.
So this is my life. I live to create, I live in my art, for my love.







You can find Sara Here: 


2 comments: